Saturday, November 24, 2007

Music to Knit By

Sometimes the best place for me to knit is right in front of my computer. I get the audio stream from this internet radio station from London, England. http://www.classicfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=421143&spid=13479 It is, by far IMO, the best classical music radio station I've ever heard. That includes the station that I listen to on XM radio. It's not the most comfortable seat in the house, but when I want to get some serious knitting done, its where I am. I can't watch tv and knit because I get distracted and stop what I'm doing. I honestly don't know how other knitters do that! How can you watch tv and watch your knitting at the same time??? London is about 5 hours ahead of us here in the EST, so often its the middle of the night over there when I'm listening. Its wonderful stuff. If you can, take a listen!
On the knitting front: I finished the one sock for my sister and cast on for the second. Almost finished with the scarf for Patrick. I dont know which will come first..the end of the yarn for it, or me being tired of working on it. ;) I have a scarf for my MIL thats knit out of Alpaca with a Twist and its a very soft, pretty lavender shade. I really should finish that too. I'll get a picture up of it when I get it done. I saw the most beautiful scarf!! Its called the Irish Hiking Scarf and its similar to the cable scarf I'm working on now, but its wider by a couple of inches. http://www.helloyarn.com/irishhikingcarf.htm I'm presently trying to find the perfect yarn for it and have posted questions on Ravelry and on Knitty. I just don't know yarn that well yet so I asked for advice and opinions. I want something in an Aran weight (18 sts/4 inches), a solid or semi solid color and something that is not scratchy-picky. I hate that and I won't wear it. One person said she used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. Unless I find something better thats what I'm going to use. Neighborhood Knits, in Dearborn, carries that so I can go scope out some colors. I gotta love it and be excited about it..or it'll languish in my closet undone. tsk.

No comments: