Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Addicted

From being on the Loopy Ewe site on Ravelry, I caught a discussion of Great Adriondack Soxie sock yarn. I went and checked out and its absolutely beautiful! Heres the link: http://yarn.com/webs/0/0/0/0-1001-1294-1323/0/0/2818/. I got Serengetti. The colors are so vivid. There's 360 yards per skein, so I'll probably knit the socks toe up. That way there'll be no drama on my part wondering if I got enough to knit them cuff down. Ask me how I know this.
I'm gettin' in deep here with sock yarn and yarn in general. I tell ya, I'm addicted! I have a lot of it and it's waiting for me to knit up. I swear I'm going to do it ALL and not buy any more yarn. Then along comes this great new yarn that I haven't heard of and it's so beautiful and I can picture it knit up and I WANT IT...(sigh) and I get it. I desperately need a yarn swift and a ball winder. I can't keep running over to my yarn shop and ask if I can use their winder for yarn I didn't buy there. Its tacky. I probably have around 20 skeins I need to wind. Maybe more. I don't have the nerve to count them all. I just know over at the Loopy Ewe (my favorite online yarn shop) Sheri's going to have Wollmeise yarn up soon and I want that too. Its very hard to get. I gotta be strong!!!!

No comments: