Friday, November 16, 2007

Socks that Rock!


I've been working on these for a long time. These are Socks That Rock, lightweight, in the colorway Scottish Highlands from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I LOVE this yarn. I bought one skein and its about 340 yards. I made the one sock, and was afraid that I didn't have enough to make the second. So...I started the second one toe up and that took me forever to find a toe up pattern that I could understand AND do. Tada! I found Judy's Magic Cast On on Knitty.com and using the Magic Loop, I finally got it going. I'll knit until I'm out of yarn. If it's a little shorter at the top than my other one, thats fine. That's the beauty of knitting toe up. You knit until you're out of yarn. :) I'm finishing my Christmas knitting and then I can finish those socks and start stuff of my own. I'm in the Loopy Ewe Swap, and I've barely started my project for that. She's going to love it!! I'm so excited to give it to her. I hope she likes it. I have so many things I want to knit. Lotsa projects in my queue. I bought some 100% Cashmere yarn from WEBS yesterday 50% off!!!! Impossible to pass up that deal. Its Debbie Bliss and gorgeous! The color is a pale gray. I have about 315 yards and a cable scarf pattern. I'll be starting that soon, too.
I gotta take more photos of my yarn..better ones. I think I'm going to ask Santa for a new camera. I've noticed a lot of people on Ravelry take yarn pics with a Canon Sure Shot. I don't know if thats just a coincidence or what, but that's the camera I want.
I'm off work this weekend and am working funky days next. I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for our family so Sunday and Monday are going to be organizing and shopping days. Hope to get some good knitting in too. I'm on a deadline here!!

No comments: